Up to 500,000 NHS staff in Unison, Unite, GMB and Royal College of Midwives will be on strike between 7 am and 11 am this coming Monday 13th October.
Striking staff will be standing up to a government that has cut NHS wages by 10% and is wrecking the NHS with cuts and privatisation. Not content with years of pay freezes, the government now wants to cut unsocial hours pay. Enough is enough.
Everyone who wants to defend the NHS and stop the fall in living standards should join the strike on Monday.
The Oxford University Trust is claiming that certain exemptions from strike action have been agreed with UNISON. This is not the case. Members do NOT need to phone Firstcare to report their absence nor do they need to tell their managers they are striking.
Please would ALL members employed by Oxford Health Trust, Oxford University Hospitals Trust, and Southern Health Trust, proceed to strike action 7am - 11am as the strike ballot mandates.
There will be pickets at the following locations and members are asked to join the picket lines at:
- John Radcliffe hospital 1. Headley Way road entrance OX3 7SS 2. Ostler Road entrance OX3 9BH
- Nuffield Orthopaedic centre OX3 7LD 1. Windmill Road entrance 2. Old Road entrance
- Churchill Hospital will be located junction of Churchill and Roosevelt drives OX3 7LF
- Warneford Hospital Main gate on Roosevelt Drive OX3 7JX, plus overflow carpark and side gate entrance on Warneford lane
- Littlemore Hospital main gate and Oxford clinic entrance OX4 4XN
- Horton General hospital - Hightown Road entrance
- Wantage hospital main gate
- Abingdon hospital main gate
- Wallingford hospital main gate
Pickets are shown on the map here